2022-2023 Registration is OPEN NOW
Who to contact:
Melissa Avilla, San Lorenzo Valley Middle School Registar
831-335-4452 or [email protected]
7179 Hacienda Way, Felton, CA,, 95018
Incoming 6th graders from SLE and BCE are considered “current / continuing students”. Please see annual online registration information at the bottom of this page.
NEW or RETURNING STUDENTS: If you are registering a new or returning student at San Lorenzo Valley Middle School, please do the following:
Fill out and return (by email or in person) the pre-enrollment forms posted to the right of this page, along with copies of your student’s proof of age document, immunization records, and documentation showing proof of address in the San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District.
Once you have completed the pre-enrollment requirements outlined above, your school site Registrar will send an email or mailed letter with instructions regarding how to sign on and complete the online registration. We ask that you complete the online registration form within one week from the time of receiving the "Student Registration" via email or postal mail delivery. Separately, your school site Registrar will also provide instructions on how to set up an SSO (Single Sign On) Parent Account to monitor your student's progress throughout the school year.
Acceptable Proof of Residency is one of the following:
- A copy of a current (or previous month) utility bill (electric, gas, or water) showing current usage.
- A signed current lease (for 30 days until a utility bill is available).
- If you have recently purchased your home, a copy of the closing papers will suffice until a utility bill is available to reproduce (within 30 days).
- If you are living with a relative or a friend or experiencing homelessness, please contact our school site registrar.
*PLEASE NOTE: Presenting a false record or falsifying records is an offense under Section 37.10, Penal Code, and enrollment of the child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. TEC Sec. 25.002(3)(d).
Many families have questions regarding efforts to keep current on their child's vaccination schedules to meet school requirements, specifically for our incoming Kindergarteners and 6th graders advancing to 7th grade for the fall of 2020. Clinics are listed below with information regarding "well-child" checks and immunization appointments. Some clinics will provide care visits. Please contact the clinic office first.
Please contact Sarah Dahlen, District Nurse, at [email protected] if you need assistance, need to obtain additional information, and/or to discuss your student's specific progress on vaccination requirements.
- Kaiser - Providing immunizations to any patient. Can contact PCP via online messaging to place an order. All clinics are open for drop-in from 9 am - 5 pm.
- Salud Para La Gente - Immunization clinics are open 8:30 am - 7 pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Santa Cruz Health Center - Immunization clinic open Monday - Friday, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm. Appointments preferred. Limited hours, case-by-case basis due to COVID19.
- Watsonville Health Center - Immunization clinic is open Monday - Friday, 1 pm - 3:45 pm. No appointment is necessary. $15/shot if insurance does not cover it. All school-required immunizations are available.
- East Cliff Family Health Center - Offering immunizations for children age five and under. For children over age five, it is up to the discretion of the physician on a case-by-case basis.
- PAMF - Existing patients can call clinics to make appointments for immunizations.
- Dignity Health - Boulder Creek Medical Clinic - not making any immunization appointments at this time. Other offices are leaving it up to the discretion of the doctors; call the specific clinic.
- Planned Parenthood - Not offering vaccines or "well-child" visits at this time. Existing patients need to call after May 1st for appointments.
- Pharmacies - Call the pharmacies for hours and/or availability of immunizations.
“CURRENT / CONTINUING” STUDENTS (this includes incoming 6th graders from BCE and SLE): In May, Parents / Guardians will be notified via email and/or letter when the PowerSchool Enrollment portal is open to renew and update your student(s) information online. Annually, we need your most current information in the event of an emergency. Information includes parent/guardian contact phone number(s) and email address(es), emergency contact names and phone numbers, student medical concerns/allergies, photo and media permissions, district agreements and indemnifications, school directory listing, and more. We ask that you complete the online registration form within one week from the time of receiving the "Student Registration" email or letter.