SLVMS Enrollment Information
2020-2021 ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
NEW STUDENTS: If you are registering for a new student in our district, you must first contact the school site Registrar's Office to establish pre-enrollment status.
- San Lorenzo Valley Middle School - 335-4452 or email@example.com
- Boulder Creek Elementary School - 338-6413 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School - 335-4475 or email@example.com
- San Lorenzo Valley High School - 335-4425 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have completed the pre-enrollment requirements outlined below, your school site Registrar will send an email or mailed letter with instructions regarding how to sign on and complete the online registration. We ask that you complete the online registration form within one week from the time of receiving the "Student Registration" via email or postal mail delivery. Separately, your school site Registrar will also provide instructions on how to set up an SSO (Single Sign On) Parent Account to monitor your student's progress throughout the school year.
For incoming 6-12 grade level students who miss the deadline, schedule will NOT be available until the registration has been completed. For incoming TK-5 grade level students who miss the deadline, the student name will NOT be listed on the first day of classroom postings.
KINDERGARTEN: To attend Kindergarten, students must be five (5) years old on or before September 1. TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN: Students are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten if they have their 5th birthday on or between September 2 and December 2.
Acceptable Proof of Residency is one of the following:
- A copy of a current (or previous month) utility bill (electric, gas or water) showing current usage.
- A signed current lease (for 30 days until a utility bill is available).
- If you have recently purchased your home, a copy of the closing papers will suffice until a utility bill is available to reproduce (within 30 days).
- If you are living with a relative or a friend, please contact your school site registrar.
*PLEASE NOTE: Presenting a false record or falsifying records is an offense under Section 37.10, Penal Code, and enrollment of the child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. TEC Sec. 25.002(3)(d).
RETURNING STUDENTS: Parents / Guardians will be notified via letter and/or email in May when the PowerSchool Enrollment portal is open to renew and update your student(s) information online. Annually, we need your most current information in the event of an emergency. Information includes: parent/guardian contact phone numbers and email address, emergency contact names and phone numbers, student medical concerns/allergies, photo and media permissions, district agreements and indemnifications, school directory listing, and more. We ask that you complete the online registration form within one week from the time of receiving the "Student Registration" email or letter.
Many families have questions regarding efforts to keep current on their child's vaccination schedules to meet school requirements, specifically for our incoming Kindergarteners and 6th graders advancing to 7th grade for the fall of 2020. Clinics are listed below with information regarding "well child" checks and immunization appointments. Some clinics will provide car visits. Please contact the clinic office first.
Please contact Sarah Dahlen, District Nurse, at email@example.com if you need assistance, need to obtain additional information, and/or to discuss your student's specific progress on vaccination requirements.
- Kaiser - Providing immunizations to any patient. Can contact PCP via online messaging to place order. All clinics are open for drop in from 9am - 5pm.
- Salud Para La Gente - Immunization clinics open 8:30am - 7pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Santa Cruz Health Center - Immunization clinic open Monday - Friday, 1:30pm - 3:30pm. Appointments preferred. Limited hours, case-by-case basis due to COVID19.
- Watsonville Health Center - Immunization clinic is open Monday - Friday, 1pm - 3:45pm. No appointment necessary. $15/shot if insurance does not cover. All school-required immunizations available.
- East Cliff Family Health Center - Offering immunizations for children age five and under. For children over age five, it is up to the discretion of the physician on a case-by-case basis.
- PAMF - Existing patients can call clinics to make appointments for immunizations.
- Dignity Health - Boulder Creek Medical Clinic - not making any immunization appointments a this time. Other offices are leaving it up to the discretion of the doctors; call the specific clinic.
- Planned Parenthood - Not offering vaccines or "well child" visits at this time. Existing patients need to call after May 1st for appointments.
- Pharmacies - Call the pharmacies for hours and/or availability of immunizations.